Home and Garden
Receive as much as $750 and reduce your outdoor water usage by 50% by converting grass to low-water-use landscape. Learn more here.
Free Landscape Classes:
The City of Glendale often has free landscape classes for homeowners covering topics such as tree and shrub pruning, care of winter lawns, how to set your water timer, landscaping for small spaces and 20 plants for Glendale yards. Classes are held at the main library, 5959 West Brown Street. For more information, call 623-930-3760.
Free On-Site Landscape Consultations:
Glendale residents can take advantage of this free consultation and gain knowledge of maximizing water and energy for your landscape. For more information on how to prepare and schedule a visit, read the details here.
Water conservation and xeriscape brochures are available from the City and can be found on the display rack at the north entrance of the Glendale Main Library. Topics include:
- Landscape Plants for the Arizona Desert: A Guide to Growing Plants
More Than 200 Low-Water-Use Plants
- Xeriscape: Landscaping with Style in the Arizona Desert
- Landscape Watering by the Numbers
- The Complete Guide to Home Water Management
- Tales from the Garden
- Safeguarding Our Drinking Water from Landscape Irrigation Systems
- Good Reasons to Take Out Your Grass